I recently needed to write a script for a customer to run against their database, to delete a column from a table. I wanted to make sure it would only run if that column existed, especially as the column had originally been created by a script that failed to completeContinue reading →
I recently needed to write some SQL to add a relationship constraint to an existing column in MS SQL. After a bit of research this is the answer I found. I have also included the SQL for adding the same constraint when creating a new table also. Resource: Continue reading →
I recently wanted to declare a table, insert data into it and then, depending on a variable passed in to the stored procedure (@i_bitCurrent), either return the contents of the table, or filter the contents with a Where clause and return them (3 options in total). The reason I wantedContinue reading →
I created an app_offline.htm page to place in my site's folder while I was deploying a new version, but I didn't want to put a 'click this link to refresh' or a suggestion to refresh the page. That seemed to be pushing my problem onto the user.
I decided that jQueryContinue reading →
I recently had to downgrade a .Net 4.5 project to .Net 4.0 so that it could run on MS Server 2003. I had many warnings and errors which I managed to clear up, as detailed in my previous post Downgrading anContinue reading →